No matter what learning situation you've chosen for your child this year, we know that it is important to safely get kids moving outside. We're following the motto "There's no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing!" and offering an all-weather outdoor program for all PS10 students.
Outdoor camp runs from 2 - 5pm Monday thru Friday. Late Pickup extends to 6pm.
Activities will vary daily and by grade. On any given day, students may engage in some combination of a neighborhood walk, art in the park, and fitness activity. See below for current activities offered.
Groups of 15 students will be paired with two Extended Day staff members or hired vendors. Our goal is to minimize the exposure of students to the best of our ability. We will attempt to follow DOE-assigned class cohorts to the best of our ability and strict CDC-recommended Covid safety measures will be in place.
Please see our letter to families regarding our Covid Guidelines here. Highlights include:
- Masks will be worn by staff and students at all times and should be in place upon arrival. Anyone without a mask or refusing to wear one will not be allowed to participate. Designated mask breaks will occur as needed and while students are safely distanced at least 6 feet apart from one another.
- Upon arrival, students and staff will receive hand sanitizer and a temperature check. Anyone with a temperature above 100.4 degrees will not be allowed to participate.
- Students will be kept in small groups of no more than 15 students that follow their DOE-assigned class cohort or combined all-remote learners to the best of our ability. All students and staff will be spaced 6 feet apart during all activities.
- Any shared equipment will be disinfected between uses and we will limit the number of items that are shared between campers.
- All staff will be tested for Covid before the session begins and every 3 weeks thereafter. Please see this link for our Covid Handbook for Employees.
- Anyone who has had direct contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 may not attend or staff Outdoor Camp for the current recommended quarantine time post exposure. Our protocols are in accordance with the NY State guidelines.
If a class is quarantined due to a positive COVID-19 case, students from that class who attend Outdoor Camp cannot attend sessions until the DOE recommended quarantine period is over.
If a family self-reports a positive COVID-19 test for a student who attends Outdoor Camp but has not been in the school building, Extended Day will notify families and staff who had direct contact with the positive case and all will be asked to quarantine from Outdoor Camp in accordance with the NY State guidelines.
If the PS10 building closes due to more than two or more cases, Extended Day will notify families and staff who had direct contact with the positive cases and all will be asked to quarantine from Outdoor Camp in accordance with the NY State guidelines.
- Families who have traveled outside of New York and not to a contiguous state* are asked to not attend Outdoor Camp for the length of their quarantine in accordance with NY State guidelines. As of Jan 4th, travelers must quarantine for 10 days upon return OR have a negative Covid test no more than 72 hours before arrival to NY and then test again on day 4 after returning. Travelers may exit quarantine if the second test is negative. *Contiguous states are Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Vermont. Travelers from these states are not subject to the travel quarantine.
OUTDOOR CAMP POLICIES
ACTIVITIES OFFERED SPRING 2021 SESSION
Students will engage in a variety of running, jumping, and other active exercises designed to keep the body in shape, warm, and moving through the winter months.
Art in the Park
In this class, students will create drawings, crafts, and undertake other artistic endeavors in nearby parks. Students will learn different types of art techniques, using materials provided by extended day and materials found in the park.
City Drumming Circle
Learn the rhythmic secrets of nyc’s famed bucket drummers in this awesome musical class. Each student will be able to use a bucket drum and experience the fun of drumming together, layering rhythms and learning how to call and respond.
This class includes calisthenics, a form of exercise that includes body weight exercises such as pushups, jumping jacks, squats, bear crawls, running drills etc. It also includes the broad jump and everybody’s favorite- tug of war and find the spot.
Join us for a class full of laughs and sillies. Students will have fun while being active in this class where they will play popular games ranging from duck, duck, goose to musical chairs. But that’s not all! Students will also create their own games! Get ready to have a blast in Party Games!
Sport It Up
Students will participate in different sports games, such as flag football, soccer, and many more!