No matter what learning situation you've chosen for your child this fall, we know that it is important to safely get kids moving outside. We're following the motto "There's no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing!" and offering an all-weather outdoor program for all PS10 students.
We're running two sessions, one at noon* and one at 2.00pm.* Remote students can join either or both sessions; in-school learners can join the later session. Start times will be staggered to ensure social distancing. *Final schedules will be emailed once your student has their school schedule.
Activities will vary daily and by grade. On any given day, students may engage in some combination of a neighborhood walk, art in the park, and fitness activity.
Groups of 15 students will be paired with two Extended Day staff members or hired vendors. Our goal is to minimize the exposure of students to the best of our ability. We will attempt to keep Classroom Cohorts / Personal Pods / Remote Learners together, respectively. The groups will not change over the course of the semester.
Strict CDC-recommended Covid safety measures will be in place. Please see our letter to families regarding our Covid Guidelines here. Highlights include:
- Masks will be worn by staff and students at all times and should be in place upon arrival. Anyone without a mask or refusing to wear one will not be allowed to participate. Designated mask breaks will occur as needed and while students are safely distanced at least 6 feet apart from one another.
- Upon arrival, students and staff will receive hand sanitizer and a temperature check. Anyone with a temperature above 100.4 degrees will not be allowed to participate.
- Students will be kept in small groups of no more than 15 students that follow their DOE-assigned class cohort or combined all-remote learners to the best of our ability. All students and staff will be spaced 6 feet apart during all activities.
- Any shared equipment will be disinfected between uses and we will limit the number of items that are shared between campers.
- All staff will be tested for Covid before the session begins and every 3 weeks thereafter. Please see this link for our Covid Handbook for Employees.